The courses are designed to develop your skills and knowledge, broaden your international experience, and capitalise on our city's inimitable opportunities. Browse for your ideal course here search tool.
Many courses give the chance to explore subjects from a multidisciplinary perspective and, if you want to vary your learning experience even further, you can mix and match across sessions.
We offer a range of credit and non-credit options.
These courses are certified by the University of Edinburgh and are worth up to 20 credits depending on the course length.
Credits awarded by the University of Edinburgh are part of the Scottish Credit Qualifications Framework (SCQF). 20 SCQF credits are the equivalent to 10 ECTS credits, or 4 credits for U.S. students.
Credits are offered at two levels:
- Level 8 - for those in first year of university or above
- Level 10 - require two years of university study, and may have other entry requirements depending on the course
You can apply for credit courses if:
- You are a current student
- You have a current GPA of 3.0 or above (or equivalent)
- You have met our minimum English language requirements if English is not your first language
We are also able to discuss individual eligibility on a case-by-case basis.
University of Edinburgh students after successful completion of the summer course will receive the credit; however, this credit does not count to the degree.
Non-credit bearing courses are particularly suitable if you:
- have not studied for some time
- have just finished high school
- have a level of English at 5.5 IELTS or equivalent
- wish to pursue an interest with guidance and feedback from an experienced tutor
- do not want to commit to a more demanding credit-bearing course
- do not wish to take assessments
- do not wish to transfer credit back to your home institution
If you wish to enroll for a credit-bearing course but you don't need or want to obtain the credit, you can study the course without taking assesment.