Accommodation for the Summer School is situated within walking distance of our central campus and the buzz of the city centre. It is perfectly positioned for fantastic views of Arthur’s Seat and is a wonderful place to call home whilst you’re studying with us.
The Summer School offers three different fee packages which include accommodation. Each package includes University of Edinburgh student accommodation for the duration of your stay.
- Platinum package: ensuite room (catered, with private bathroom)
- Gold package: standard room (catered, with shared bathroom)
- Silver package : standard room (self-catered, with shared bathroom)
More information on our packages can be found in the Fees section. Please note that accommodation is charged on a ‘per person, per week’ basis.
If you select catered accommodation, you will be staying in the Pollock Halls of Residence. Pollock Halls is more than just a place to rest your head. The communal bar and restaurant areas provide a popular place for meeting up with other Summer School students and interacting with Pollock Halls’ additional residents. Pollock Halls accommodation is highly secure and has a 24-hour reception to ensure your safety as well as peace of mind.
Each ensuite room has a single bed and private bathroom facilities. You will also have access to Freeview TV, telephone and free cabled internet, as well as tea/coffee-making facilities and laundry facilities.
Each standard room has a single bed and shared bathroom facilities. You will have access to a telephone, free cabled internet access and tea/coffee-making facilities.
Catered Meals - included in both Platinum and Gold packages
- Breakfast and dinner are included in your rent, and provided Monday to Sunday. Breakfast is served 07.30 – 10.00 and dinner is served 18.00 – 19.30 (The exception to this is between 31st July and 31st August when dinner is served 16.30 – 20.00.)
- Meals are decided by the catering team and food is sourced daily.
- There are no restrictions on how many items you can have for a meal. However, your meal must be eaten in the restaurant – you cannot take items away with you.
- All menus include a daily vegetarian option. However it is not possible to cater for special diets. Should you have a specific dietary need, it is advised you apply for a self-catering accommodation option.
Our self-catered accommodation is located at East Newington Place. This accommodation is the perfect choice if you require a bit more flexibility in terms of meal times.East Newington Place benefits from 24/7 access to security facilities.
Each standard room has a single bed, internet access and a telephone point. You will have access to a communal kitchen/lounge/dining area and a shared shower room/ WC. Typically, a microwave, fridge freezer, linens and towels will be provided.
Additional Night Bookings
Accommodation bookings will star the Saturday before the start of your course, and will end the Saturday after your course finishes.
Should you decide to arrive in Edinburgh before or after your official Summer School accommodation start date, you may be able to book accommodation on campus at a special rate for Summer School students. This is subject to availability and is bookable directly with the accommodation provider*. Please note that you will be required to move in or out of your Summer School accommodation on your official accommodation start and end dates and that any booking for additional days is separate and extra to your booking with the Summer School. Click here to make a booking.
*Please note that when making this booking you will need to quote the promotional code which ensures that you will receive a discounted rate for your stay. The promotional code is stated on your booking confirmation letter, under the ‘Accommodation’ heading.
The University of Edinburgh Summer School guarantees accommodation to all students who book their place by the end of March 2017. After this date accommodation might not be available and you may have to find accommodation for yourself.